Thursday 29 January 2015

What is the key of knowledge?

It's fascinating to think that Jesus had as much of a problem with religion as any other individual.

In fact, I just read a passage where he stands up for the common man against religion:
Do we block the way to heaven?
What is the key? How do we
find the way to God?
Photo by Benjamin Earwicker

"Woe to you experts in the [religious] law, because you have taken away the key to knowledge. You yourselves have not entered, and you have hindered those who were entering." (Luke 11.52)

Religious people can really get in the way. They obstruct knowledge and they are hypocritical - not attaining themselves to the beautiful truths they set as standards for other people.

What about me?

But I am not honest if I do not pause here to examine myself.

How much do I help or hinder people when it comes to the things of heaven? Does my religious activity promote understanding or does it make a riddle of it? How much do I believe in truth but not act upon it?

However, to my shame, I'm left with another intriguing question that baits my religious pride more than any of the others: What is the key of knowledge?

Something about that question seems to go to the heart of the matter. If you, reader, have any suggestions, please let me know...

No comments:

Post a Comment